Red8 products are designed to provide supplementary nutrition for an active lifestyle.
Red 8 was established in 1997, born out of athlete Jim Bedwell’s passion for sport, fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
Red8 is now a jointly New Zealand owned enterprise between Jim Bedwell and Integria Healthcare (New Zealand) Limited, Australasia’s largest natural health manufacturer and distributor of health supplement products.
• Founded 1997 by Jim Bedwell.
His Vision – Create a supplement range that was complimentary to well balanced nutrition programmes.This thinking was ahead of its time. Supplementation was more often than not left out of many nutrition programmes designed for elite athletes. Unlike today where supplementation is an essential part of a high level athletes nutrition programme.
• Red8 was founded as a cutting edge sport supplement range.
• In the early 2000s Red8 focused on providing healthy supplement choices for high intensity sports like rugby, rowing, boxing, kickboxing, cycling.
This was reflected by some of the teams and athletes we were involved with ie Auckland Blues, Zinzan Brooke, Sean Fitzpatrick, David Tua, Ray Sefo of note.
• In the mid 2000s Red8's focus shifted to providing a variety of great tasting high quality healthy protein powders.
The philosophy remained the same, the products are designed to supplement a well balanced nutrition programme.
Red8 fully promoted its point of difference in not using artificial sweeteners or colouring in any of its products.
• Protein Plus was launched as a convenient complete protein solution. Packaged in convenient sized foil bags.
Protein Plus moved the protein Powder category away from sport supplements.
It was positioned well for the wider market particularly females and families.
The alternative vegetable protein sources provided good option for a new emerging market.
• In 2009 Red8 was to partner with the nutritional advisers to New Zealand's 2012 Olympic team.
Over a 3 year period we developed and supplied a core range of key supplements to the elite athletes in that team.
• During that same period Red8 was asked to develop and supply sport supplements to the Wallaby Rugby team leading up to 2012 world cup.
Red8 has built a reputation as a safe, healthy, high quality supplement range - which administrators even at the very highest level in sports - trust.
Our Protein Plus range may seem like a simple basic range, however the same quality and philosophy goes into all Red8 products whether sports supplements or Protein Plus.